Curious Kiwi Co.
Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Curious Kiwi Co., 156 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94105, USA
These Terms of Service (together with all terms and conditions incorporated by reference, the “Terms”) govern use of all Curious Kiwi Co. apps, websites, and services related to the Precious products and services (the “Services”) that are owned and operated by Curious Kiwi Co. and our affiliates (collectively, “Precious”, “we”, or “us”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Account Information – We may collect the following personal information from you that you provide to us, directly or indirectly (“Account Information”):
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number.
- Billing information such as credit card number, and billing address.
- Preferences information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences.
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests, and zip code.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as when others give us your information (e.g., to invite you to use the Services), from data enrichment services (e.g., to better tailor our communications to you), or when you link your Account (as defined in the Terms of Service) to third party services (e.g., when you link your email account to upload your contacts). We will only use information collected from third parties for the specific reason for which it was provided to us and for no other purpose.
Device Information – we may also collect information collected automatically about your device and your usage of the Services (“Device Information”), such as IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use Account Information and Device Information we collect for the following purposes only:
- Creating and administering your Account.
- Providing you with the Services.
- Improving and modifying the Services, such as by designing or customizing existing and future offerings to your preferences.
- Tracking the performance of our Services and your usage of our Services, in order to improve our Services for your benefit.
- Understanding how you and other users discovered our Services, including from advertisements for our Services that we show on third party websites, apps, mailing lists and other third party properties. This includes the ability to track if you and other users choose to purchase anything in our Services. (Please see the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section, below, for more information on this point.)
- Processing and fulfilling your orders and requests.
- Providing you with customer support or technical support, and responding to your requests and inquiries.
- Communicating with you with respect to your access and use of the Services, including to send you order confirmations, requested information about products or services, updates on products and warranty information, and similar communications.
- Sending you newsletters or other promotional or marketing communications, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts.
- Linking your Account with accounts you have with third-party service providers.
- Securing the Services and our systems.
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in “Disclosure to Third Parties”, below.
User Content – we may also collect personal information as part of User Content (as defined in our Terms of Service) you upload to the Services. Any User Content you upload must be done so in accordance with our Terms of Service. Given the nature of our Services, such personal information included within User Content may include (in addition to the categories of personal information described above) photographs, videos, audio, and other media files that may identify a child or children through their image or voice.
Your privacy is really important to us, and we never use User Content for marketing or advertising purposes. To the extent we use User Content for any reason, we take appropriate technical measures to ensure that only the minimal amount of personal information is used. Our use of User Content is strictly limited to the following cases:
- to provide you with the Services (such as by associating specific User Content with your Account);
- to ensure the safety and stability of the Services (such as by removing User Content that may be crashing our servers);
- to train and improve our algorithms and models for purposes of improving the Services (such as by helping our Services better identify individuals in User Content), but only where you explicitly consent to this use;
- to respond to your requests and inquiries (such as during a customer support inquiry).
Disclosure to Third Parties
We disclose personal information we collect to third parties only in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent.
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as facilitating communications with you and other users, maintaining our databases, improving our algorithms and models, and processing payments.
- With vendors we engage to provide business analytics and insights, such as by helping us better understand how our users use the Services, how the Services are performing, how users discovered our Services, how our marketing efforts are performing and how they might be improved, and to better collect and analyze your feedback.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
Access and Control of Your Personal Information
You have many choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details many of those choices, including how you can exercise rights you may with respect to your information (including personally identifiable information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies, discussed below).
You may access, correct, amend or delete any User Content you upload to the Services. You control all User Content you upload.
You may access, correct, amend or delete Account Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your Account page, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel and delete your account, you may do so by following the instructions within the appropriate part of the Services. If you do, personal information associated with your Account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations or otherwise as required by law.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies (and How to Opt Out)
We may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons, or scripts to gather Device Information that we will then use to learn how you and others interact with our Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads they clicked on, or we may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site. We may use information collected this way for a variety of purposes, such as to understand and optimize how our Services are used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks (such as Facebook), and their purpose is to help us monitor the efficacy of our own marketing efforts. Through those technologies we may share certain Device Information, but not User Content. Please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information, including personal information, about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here and here.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or to disable our use of tracking technologies, certain mobile devices allow you to change your settings with respect to such technologies. Please note that disabling cookies may render the Services unusable. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Services, please contact us and we will take appropriate action to delete that information.
We take data security very seriously, and protecting your information is important to us. We implement and maintain appropriate physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and implement your privacy settings.
If you have any questions about the security we use to protect personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in the United States, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of personal information to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including the United States. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any User Content, you can legally transfer it to the United State or another country.
With respect to transfers of information out of the European Union (EU), we may process some personally identifiable information pursuant to data processing agreements that include the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about our data processing agreements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.